Wednesday 3 November 2021

On Socks

I tried to knit on the pretty Starting Point shawl.  It's in the place where it is just regular garter stitches and regular increases for the center and decreases for the sides.  Ought to be easy, right?  Not.  It felt like the kind of day when I would knit tight and this yarn I am working with right now needs loose to hide that it is a little lighter than the others.  

I pulled out socks.  I pulled out the Gridiron socks I wanted to start and finished up the toe.



Then I tried to get the pattern going.  Whatever I did wrong the first time I knit these socks I am doing again because nothing is working right.  I know that I sorted it our last time and I am certain that I will again.  For now, it needed to just go back to the drawing board.


I pulled out the other socks i have on the go in this bag, some monster socks using the end of a pretty yarn with grey as a principle colour spotted with blues and lavenders and golds.  I paired the yarn up with a bright yellow from the bin of leftovers and what is happening is simply amazing. 




I swear that sock yarn designers ought to check out the monster sock pages for ways to add punch to sock yarns.  I adore the way the yellow just punches everything up to a nine!

PS, these are going to get afterthought heels.  I have been wearing these a lot lately and it is so comfortable,  though it must be noted that all socks are so comfortable.

No comments: