Monday 4 October 2021

A treat for me.

I sat down this morning with no real large tasks in my way so I decided to just knit.  And so I did.


Two sleeves and cuffs all done.  All that remains is the sweet collar and a pair of little pockets that leave you with umpteen ends to weave or darn in or otherwise hide.  Still, I will not give them up because of the cuteness overload they inspire.

But I also realized today that there wouldn't be enough yarn to make Carter a vest to match the little boys.  Just not enough, so the rest of this yarn will go into the hat making pile.

But what should I make for Carter so he has a special something from Grandma when he comes?  The best thing i can think of is fingerless mittens just like Marcus'.  I know that Carter like to wear the thin little cheapie gloves that are so easy to find these days.  I like them too but they are not all that warm except for just walking to school.  If you had a pair of fingerless gloves in a DK weight wool to wear over top of them, why it means you would stay so much cosier.  

So I think that is what I will do, though not right away.  I would like to get my version of the Threipmuir sweater complete and I would like to get the colourwork completed on the Agate Cove sweater.  

And if I really think about it, I need to get to sewing.  I don't even really need to think about it.  I had three pairs of older pants left in my drawer that were decent.  One of them is a knit that now has several holes in the leg and some of the sewing is letting go.  ten years is enough, so pants sewing is in order.  

Plus shirts. I have a shirt for Cassie that I need to sew and a couple for me. That is almost for another day's post though so I will leave it there.  

I had a lovely day of mostly knitting today.  Sometimes you just have to treat yourself. 

No comments: