Tuesday 14 September 2021

Trying something different.

I am going to switch up the time of day that I have been writing my blog.  It has gone from morning to evening to midday and all the way around several times in the past years.  I think I started switching it in response to what life was handing out, but it seemed to keep my writing fresh too.  Right now it is a bit about keeping my thinking fresh, but part of it is the situation and how time seems to go by so fast, even as it creeps oh so very slowly.

I have been writing morning for a long time, but it can take whole morning some days.  And then evenings, which have been a struggle for me for a good many years, are too long and I retreat to my bedroom just to do something different.  That means that my biggest work gets done in the afternoon and that just is not my best time of day. I take naps when I am tired and if it is a really good nap, well the whole day is gone before I accomplish anything at all.  It does okay for knitting, but not for more detailed work like sewing.  Also, if you only start in an afternoon, it takes two days to sew even a simple garment.  My eyes are fresher in the morning and can see so much better that these days, the difference matters.  

I also love my coffee.  It is the only real reason to get up in the morning, so cup one is early.  I find writing in the morning requires coffee so that is cup two, and after writing, usually about 10:30 a.m., and well, it is 10:30, and that is coffee time.  It is kind of how after lunch, I generally give myself a break for an hour no matter what I am doing, a far off echo from school and long recess.  I need to cut down coffee.  I know that, so changing up some other routines to help make it easy seems like a good idea.  Evening writing of the blog means tea!

Plus, with the kids here all summer, my evening routine has shifted a bit.  I find I can stay awake much later, much later meaning past 9:30, quite easily now and I would hate to lose that more normal routine again.  

So for all the reasons there are, I am going to switch things up and see if I can get more done by writing in the evenings.

So we shall see how it goes.   

No comments: