Wednesday 16 June 2021

A green kick

There are yarn in my cabinets that just demand knitting.  Often it is because I started knitting with them and it did not work out well so the thing was taken apart and made into something else.  Often, these are very pretty yarns that I would dearly love to wear.

Like this batch of fine stuff.



The thing I wanted to make from them once upon a time is not something I desire any more.  There is only so much yarn thought, so I have to sort out something else to make.  Even in this batch, the center ball of green and browns is an add in because without it, a top is not doable.  I spent much of the day yesterday contemplating just what it wants to be but didn't find something that was quite right. It is destined not for a pattern but is going to get a me made 'treatment'.  I just need to decide, raglan start or round yoke start.

  
Even though I don't have a resolution for that yarn, looking at tops is not a waste of time.  No, indeed.  It is always time well spent.   I did find a something for this very lovely stuff.    


   This is Some Madtosh Twist light.  It is perfect for Scooby,  another design from Laura Aylor and perfect for this yarn.  The one ball of the multi colour should be just about right for the top section, leaving the gorgeous greens for the skirt.  

Here I am, thinking of all hte prettys and I keep coming up with green things.  Hmm, seem to be on a bit of a green kick.  


In spain

No comments: