Tuesday 20 April 2021

Thinking on Sock Monkeys

Besides laundry, I did not do a whole lot yesterday.  I did knit though and have taken the wee blankie to just shy of half done.


The pattern is written for a big blanket but converting it is the simplest thing in the world.  I cast on a hundred stitches and just began.  I am using slightly smaller needles, a size 8 mm, this time rather than the patterns size 9 mm, because I have only one size 9 mm needle, I can make an 8 mm with my Addi set and I have a regular circular 8mm/32 inches.  

My size 9mm needles are still busy on the very much larger Sock Monkey Cabin Blanket for the landlord.  I was thinking about knitting on that yesterday but I would like to get this finished quickly because in a couple weeks it will be my cheeky ones third birthday and that means I will get to visit them again, though more at a distance I suspect.  And with masks. 

Once the wee baby blnket sized blanket is done, I am going to knit a very quick gramps cardigan by Tin Can Knits .  There will be yarn left from this baby blanket.  With a bit of luck, it will be enough to do a single stranded sweater where the ribbing has the shot of red through the cream and the body is the solid gray.  I have seen a few online like this and they are just too sweet.   It might even be possible to squeak a little hat to match so my wee Owen will be completely stylish for fall.  

This also opens up the possibility, because I now have the pattern,  that Grandma may just knit herself a  gramps cardigan with a sock monkey sort of air fior next fall too. 

No comments: