Monday 19 April 2021

A life back to normal

It was a busy week and though I wasn't able to be the most amazing teacher in the world (that would take a lot of skill and training as well as a completely different me) I was able to be of some help.  Thankfully.  

 

Morning snuggles with my cheeky one


Breakfast


Helping with understanding colour in science.


The itty bitty one


The big one


Chillin'

And knitting!


Mom was pulling out all the wee small things for a wee one to wear and came across this.  I knit this little Pepita by Martina Behm (her first pattern!) for my peanut when he was a wee tiny thing.


He was most impressed that I had a picture of him wearing it and that I could find it so quickly.  I was wondering if he was ever so small.

I had a blast and am going to miss all the noise and the movement and the laughter more than you can possibly know.  I am even going to miss the kid fighting. I am going to miss the little one saying wait every time I telll him to stop doing something he ought not to be doing and the horrors of a tablet falling into  a beautiful pile of whipped cream and syrup on top of your morning pancakes.  Oh the horror not once but twice and then later in the week, to the big guys phone! 

What I am not going to miss is youtube and the abomination of no filters to keep kids from things they really do not need.   

And now I am home and it feels weird.  Other than being on my epic adventure a few years ago, I haven't been away from home and my own bed for that many nights in a very long time. It feels kind of empty and aimless this morning. And yet I have so much to do.  

There are blankets to knit.  I started the wee ones Sock Monkey Blanket and had hoped to get it finished while I was there but knitting did not work during school supervision and my evenings were spent watching a movie with the big guy, my oldest grandson.   Keith's blanket is calling my name and is waiting for finishing.  And my fingers are so excited to go back to the Shetland shawl.

Plus there is sewing.  I did not have quite enough time to sew up the first peasant style blouse and there is fabric to cut for another few shirts that I want for this summer.  I finally have a respectable number of pants though now that those are complete, there will be some whole outfit sort of sewing that will include pants.  

I am even looking forward to cooking.  Whoddathunkit.

But before all of that, before anything else, there is laundry. Life back to normal.  With a vengance.

No comments: