Friday 23 April 2021

These colours are blowing my mind!

Yesterday morning, I worked very diligently on the wee baby blanket, and it is looking good for finishing this week.  But in the afternoon, I did something much more fun.

I started my version of Joji Locatelli's Sarting Point stole before I went to the kids.  I thought it might be the right thing to work on while I was playing.  Wrong.  there is much more going on here than just garter stitch.

Yesterday,, I picked it up and worked on it for a shile and I am having a lot of fun. There are twisted stitches.  There is lacey bits.  There is glorious garter stitch.

And then I came to something I liked but I really was dissappointed with the yarn I had choosen.

 

See that bit on the needle?  It is a beautiful yarn, but it just didn't work with the strong colours the others were.  It needed some punch and some vibrancy.  In the ball it looked great with all the other yarns. Knit up, it just did not work.  Plus, having the two multi coloured yarns side by side really did not work.

I went digging.  The first thing that came to mind was purple.  I had some purple out as one of the colours initially, but dropped it in favour of the darkest teal blue.  I couldn't find the original yarn I picked so I pulled out another one that I knew would work, Some Punta Yarns Mericash fingering solid.  It's a light fingering weight yarn, very like the Colour Adventure yarn I am using and like the yarn I am replacing. 


Plus I have lots of this pretty on hand. So I knit.


In the first few rows I knew this was right.  Much better and by the time I made it to the next section, fantastic!


The deep purple doesn't show up in any of the other yarn, but it makes the blues in the multi coloured yarn take on a purple hue and emboldens, enriches the greens.  It is the perfect match for the rest of it.  

I think I am really going to love this.

No comments: