Monday 26 April 2021

Perfection in a blanket

I finished the wee blankie and it is everything I hoped for.



It is about 36 inches by 32 inches so it is exactly right for putting under baby on the grass at the park or because of the ripple of the rib, perfect for tucking around baby's chair.  Best Blankie ever.

Now I just need to finish the landlord's.  Speaking of the landlord, I managed to source enough of the soft gray smoke colourway of Remix Light to knit the lanlord a sweater of it.  It's a fibr blend I think he will apprciate.  He actually wears his Remix version a lot, particularly at this time of year, when his basement study is a bit cool. (the furnace doesn't run because it is warm upstairs)  Remix Light is even better for the non wool lovers in your house than Remix,.  It is hard to believe it but true.


I have a lot left of the yarns I made the wee blankie from.  I was hoping more would go into the blankie but no.  I was going to knit a sweater using the same yarn and I am but the sweater is turning out distressingly large.



It might fit a two year old.  It might even fit Emmett and while that would be sweet, the job is to knit a sweater to match for my wee Owen.  Since there seems to be lots of yarn, I will finish this one.  It won't take long but then I will knit one for Owen to fit in fall.  0 to 6 months size.  Aiming for the 0 size.  

I don't really enjoy knitting for babies because the things always seem to be so large.  Well, I mean I enjoy knitting for babies but I am so seldome happy with the size of things.  Sigh.  Oh well.  The blankie is perfect.


No comments: