Thursday 8 April 2021

Sew Much to Do

I wish I could say sewing was going well, but it is not.  It is going well enough in most ways, but I have not gotten nearly as much finished as I hoped for for no reason other than my back is not happy sitting on my chair and I am having to take more breaks than I would like.  I am trying to do lots of getting up and downs to help compensate and moving around more than usual.  Maybe with that, today will be better.

I have a pair of pants and a top to sew today.  The pants are a quick sew but the top is new so I can't really tell how it will go.  It isn't a difficult pattern, but the first time around is always more of a test than anything.  If luck is on my side, it will fit well, and I can do another top or two.  If not, I will have to adapt it before going forward.  I am considering taking this self same pattern and using it with some knit fabric to make a loose style boxy top with very narrow sleeves something akin to Joji Locatelli's Boxy!

I did wash one piece of fabric for another pattern I found online, a peasant blouse.  It's a nice piece of krinkle cotton and should be perfect for the loose gathers of a peasant blouse.

Lots to think about, more to do.

No comments: