Thursday 29 April 2021

Falling In Love All Over Again

Things go fast sometimes, truly fast, not just feeling fast.

This is where I started on the wee sweater in the morning when I first picked it up.  


Before my knitting zoom, I bound off on the body of the sweater and you know what?  My


previous feeling of being just a trifle bored with it and bothered by it, was gone.  It cleared off as I knit the little red row.  Even here, that pop of red is everything.  By the time the zoom call was over, I had finished sleeve one and was well on the way on sleeve two.  


My hands weren't tired anymore, so I just kept knitting.  (Possibly all in my head?)






After the second sleeve was done, I picked up the stitches along the neck and fronts and I really felt like knitting more, but I realized it was getting a bit late for my best thinking me.  I had messed up the pickup and used the wrong strand of yarn for half of it. The stitch counts were all good but there will be extra ends to weave in because of it, but it was enough to stop me from screwing up any farther.

First thing this morning, I started working the neat little collar.


It is going to be adorable.  I am back, entralled with it all.  The colour,  the design, the sheer and utterly adorable goofiness of the elbow patches and pockets.  And yes, there will be pockets, because I must.

I may not enjoy the yarn but I am enjoying the project again, so much so, that as I was sitting uploading all the pictures here, I caught myself thinking, I don't have to be at their house till Monday.  I have three good days plus part of today to knit Emmett a wee sweater too.  

No comments: