Thursday 8 October 2020

Where Inspriation Takes You

What to knit next is turning into a real quandry.  I don't mean next as in immediately after I finish some WIPs, I mean next as in what to start new next.  Which may happen slightly after working on WIPs, or as may be, slightly before.

I came across a really lovely pattern for my pretty Quoddy Blue Regal from my epic adventure.  The Agate Cove sweater from Knitwise Design on Ravelry.


copyright Knitwise Design

It has the sweetest little thing going on in the colourwork and it is designed for Regal.  I could do the blue for the main colour, some white that I have for colour C for the second strongest element, the welt, and I have no idea what to use for the third colour.  I was going to use Grey because i have some of that on hand, but it would put a darker colour where darker doesn't lie in the desgn.  I think I need a medium something.  I may have a enough Horizon Blue Regal for it.  It would be perfect if I did.  I really don't want to have to buy more yarn.  

I have also thought about doing it in a different yarn and saving my pretty blue for another sweater.  I have options.  I have some Custom Woollen Mills Mulespinner Two Ply that could work.  That would be three different grays for that yarn.  Cascade Eco, knit to be more firm would be okay.  I have cream, deep forest green and red.  A bit too Christmas possibly.  I think I have a skein of rust left from a vest from long ago too.  Red, cream and rust might actually work.   I may have to try that.  

I have been working with my desert island yarns lately.  All the yarns I just wanted to work with for the sheer joy of the feel or the colour, plus my epic adventure yarns.  The trouble with that is that what I need are just ordinary work day sweaters.  

I don't want to wear Myrtle to clean bathrooms. I will wear her on days when I am working with yarn or sewing days.  I wouldn't want to wear a sweater made of   Madelinetosh or another hand dyed yarn to bake bread.  

No.  I need some ordinary sweaters too.  Just simeple knits in yarns that are simple and relatively easy and inexpensive  to replace.  It is also entirely possible that a couple good aprons to wear around the kitchen and when I am cleaning would help too.  

Eco could be a good option.  I have tons of it.  I have no particular design in mind for it, though I may have when I bought it.  I bought the red for a Bountiful Bohus sweater from Big Girl Knits a very long time ago.  But using Eco+ for Agate Cove might get me exactly what I am looking for.  

It wouldn't be a bad idea to dig out the green Eco + as well.  That too would make a great workday sweater, maybe a hoodie perhaps.  Both replaceable within my market.

Inspiration may give way to need and that isn't a bad thing.  Inspriation is only ever a starting point.  I never really know where I will go from here.   
 

No comments: