Friday 28 August 2020

Learn to Fly? Not yet.

I had a lovely time knitting yesterday.  I had a not so lovely time sewing.  Actually I didn't even get there.  

I have a legging pattern and I thought it would need not too much adjusting, but it does.  I knew it would but the reality is it needs a lot more adjusting than I was hoping for.  It has very shaped legs, but those legs look nothing like my legs and there is nothing marking this pattern as to where adjusting ought to happen.  As usual, the front will fit fine, but the back is a mile and a half too short.  

I am debating purchasing the legging pattern from Helen's closet.  The pieces look like they would be more easily adaptable for fit, having a cut that is more like the yoga pants that I have and like.  Still the trouble spots are trouble spots.  It is just going to be that way when you have dimensions  where hip and waist ratio are so very different.  

I am sorry.  I am just having a bit of a pity party this morning, wishing for things that are not the way I wish them to be. And no not about my size.  Not at all.  I just wish that I could buy a pattern and it would just do what I needed it to do.  I knew I was going to need to wing it.  I guess I just really hoped it would be easier to learn to fly.

1 comment:

Susanne said...

Well, maybe you need to draft your own. It's certainly easier than I thought and those are the first ever leggings that actually fit me.

https://blog.etsy.com/en/design-sew-your-own-leggings/