Friday 24 July 2020

Stopping work to knit

Yesterday, I did the unusual thing wherein I took a break from something else to go and knit.  This is so backwards from normal that it is worth noting. 

Even better, I managed to do a reasonable amount on the sweater.  I had to pull out another ball of yarn and now have only two balls remaining.  The sweater looks pretty good and I only hope that I can get enough length out of these last feew balls to take it all the way home. I think so, but it is going to be close.

I'm not going to make my Stash Dash challenge of 5000 metres no matter what I do.  I absolutely counted on getting three sweaters done plus a bunch of  spinning as well as the shawl.  I could have gotten very close but for this three weeks long journey into painful hands.  There is a month left to go and now, my personal challenge is how far can I get,  which is sort of what it is right from the beginning, isn't it?  

Otherwise I am back to sewing today.  I took a bit of a different path yessterday and decided to sew a couple skirts.  I sewed a top for my Epic Adventure that I really loved and 


always meant to make another piece to wear with it.  I have plenty for a simple skirt, but not quite enough for pants which would be the most sensible thing.  Still a skirt it is for a complete 'outfit' as mom would say.  That is what I am aiming for today.

I have another piece that I am going to sew first.  It is a plain bland piece of fabric that I do not care about at all.  It was a really good deal from a end of the roll thing, so I bought it for stuff just like this: To test out a theory.  The weight of this piece of fabric is very close to the pretty fabric so I hope to get a good idea of how the nice stuff will hang and perform.  Simple gathers, here I come.  

Anyway, there is going to be some knitting time too.  Later this afternoon, no matter how far I have gotten in my skirt quest, I am going to stop the work to go knitting.  

  

No comments: