Wednesday 20 May 2020

Well here we are, evening of the next day.  In the grand scheme of things, waking up at five would have been lovely.  Last night I woke at 2:30 and never really got to sleep again.  I went out to the living room about 3:30 and finally dozed about 5.  I was still asleep when the landlord came up to make his coffee and had a horrid time trying to wake up enough to answer his questions.  However, I felt quite a bit better as the day went on and I am ready for a good sleep tonight.  Crossing my fingers and toes.

But I did a ton of knitting today.  The brown sweater's sleeve it at the end of the decreases and there is only 4 inches of sleeve and a couple inches of ribbing to go.  And then just one more sleeve.

I know many people dislike sleeve knitting.  I don't always like it either, but the nice thing about the sleeves I usually knit is that they start on relatively few stitches and they get smaller as they go.  This last bit feels like speed knitting.

I also oredered the bamboo needles I needed.  I debated about a full set versus just the tips I wanted versus fixed circulars with bamboo tops.  Just the tips I needed took the day and that should keep me good for a while.

Anyway, the day started badly, but it got better and better but it ended up with a picture of my sweet Carter after getting his and his brother's mail from Grandma.  There was a little something for the big guy, a bit for Carter and a wee bit for my sweet pumpkin too.


Best way for any grandma to end the day ever.
    

No comments: