Thursday 21 May 2020

The Last Day

I prepped for Stash Dash yesterday, looking at every WIP and making sure I knew where the knitting was at on each of them. 

I did start one more thing too.  Because it fell out of my inspiration cabinet.  I knew the pattern I wanted to use.  The yarn fell on me.  I had the needle.  It is that good long swath of just garter stitch that I wanted for one more simple but not boring project for during this Stash Dash.


I do have some swatching to do for two other must do this summer projects.  I want to have them started so I can have project pages set up (my own personal limit for Stash Dash knitting is a project page on Ravelry) and be ready to go, to have them complete before the end of summer, before the end of Stash Dash knitting. 

I had three back burner sweaters in mind for other people for a good long time.  When Mason Dixon put out their Field Guide 12 , I knew exactly what I wanted for Olga.  I wanted the Main Squeeze Cardigan for her and I knew exactly what yarn I would use.  It all just popped into my head, fait accompli, as if I had no say in the matter. Desires burns in me to make it a thing.  I was saving the yarn for myself because it is so very lovely to wear, but when I saw this sweater, I just knew.  Wait till you see it.  It will be perfect.  That sweater is one of the two I will swatch for today.

The landlord's sweater is part of this.  I was just avoiding knitting it for no good reason. With this crazy burning desire to knit the Main Squeeze I felt I could use it as a force to drive me forward.  And it has.  I only started the brown sweater on April 24, just under a month ago. I have only one full sleeve to go.  I would say the motivation is working.

For Amy, I will start with the Dahlia Cardigan.  I love that back motif and I think it will suit her style.  I am only starting there because the yarn I am going to use is Tosh DK in a lovely logwood toned grey, purchased a long time ago just for her.  Dahlia is designed for a light sproweight yarn and the gauge is important.  The motif sets the width of the shoulders.  If that particular motif doesn't work, I may have to adapt it into something else.  I am also not particularly fond of the way Dahlia works in front of the wearer.  It seems a bit odd somehow so there will be a bit of a shape change there too. By the time it is knit, there may be little to call it a Dahlia sweater, but it will be, in every way, inspried by Dahlia.  

And then tomorrow morning, it is officially Stash Dash.  We shall see what I can do.

No comments: