Wednesday 27 May 2020

Looking Up

The first thing I thought when I woke today was how well rested I felt.  And I did.  Then I went out, made coffee, spilled the entire cup, and suddenly felt very tired again.  It can only go up from here.

The immediate plus side of spilling my coffee, what that I got to make a fresh cup, with coffee from a freshly openened can of coffee grounds.  That first cup was the last of the last from the old can of coffee grounds.

I did the big things on my list yesterday but did not get around to knitting.  I dont feel reallly motivated to knit today either.  I might clear off some bobbins and do some spinning because I think I would like to put the spinning of all my winter carding into stash dash.   There is that large bag sitting staring at me in the living room



And it would be kind of nice to sart and finish this all the way right down to the knitting of it and count is for the dash.  

There is also that really really lovely box of long locks sitting in the living room too.


I am so looking forward to try my hand at spinning this.  And to try the inceremntal washing as I go cleaning I have planned for this whole fleece.  

I had planned to plant my pots today and if the wind stops, I might. If not, the day may get some carrot pinapple muffins.  My mother in law had a really delicious recipe for them, and it has been a very long time since  I made them.  Some spinning fun might be had as well, but now that I am thinking about nice knitting again, a really good case could be made for knitting my lovely plain Shetland yarn shawl.  

A bad or off putting start to a single day doesn't have to make you miserable all day.  It is just a single moment in space and time.  The next step can be anything you want it to be.  And so it will be.  The day is looking up in every way.

No comments: