Tuesday 12 May 2020

Inches

A lot of knitting happened and all on one project too.


The pink is a place marker from yesterday morning.  By mty hand calculations when he last tried the sweater on, I have another three inches and the ribbing to go.


It was cool and cloudy yesterday and it is sunny but not that warm today.  I hope it is another good day of knitting.  After this, there is the sleeves, which in the usual way of things are about a third of the knitting on any sweater, but they always go so fast after knitting a long body with many stitches.

I can tell how much I am enjoying this knit.  It is all my hands reach for.  The normal knitting here usually is a conversation of what do I feel like, but this sweater, just comes to hand and wants to be knit.

I really do want to get this done, because we got word from the appliance repair people and my oven repairs parts have arrived.  They will come today or tomorrow and I will be able to bake in anormal fashion.  I have enjoyed the bread baking and some of the loaves were okay, but there were so many things I couldn't do without an oven, that I was kind of planning to do.  Like pastires.  I would love to be able to do a nice puff pastry from scratch and that foldy kind with its many layers.  I have wanted to try that for decades.

So it is important that I get this knitting complete.  There will always be the next thing, of course, but the next thing isn't going to drive me in quite the same way as this one does.  Most likely, the next thing will drive me to discover its particularities and peculiarities.  Or it will be a WIP.  Not quite sure on that one yet. 



In spain

No comments: