Wednesday 6 May 2020

A big decision

I felt deeply uninspired yesterday.  I was facing yet more carding of my  nemesis, the fleece I washed and the day was looking pretty darn awful. I was starting to feel grim.  So I had a couple cups pf coffee more than usual and I  decided not to write and spread my miasma, and then I got down to dealing with my miasma.  It was the fleece.  Just could not go there again.

I looked at the very large bag I have from this latest time carding, plus what I carded previously and you know what?  That is more than enough for me.  Having more really isn't important.  I did all the parts I never did before and I can spin it now and if I knit it I will have done my very own from the sheep's back to my needles competition. 

So I took the last half bag and I put it out. I feel a bit wrong in doing this.  It will go to a landfill but it is entirely natural and compostable and I will let it go.

That helped restore my spirits somewhat.  I am not 100 percent sure I am ready for my new fleece, but I have another day before the landlord will pick it up for me.  I will get with the program.  And I will be ready when it arrives.  

Okay, just thinking about it, I am looking forward to it.  It has been rigourously skirted and was coated, so I am pretty sure it will be a very different thing than what I have been working on.  Giddy.  I might be feeling giddy looking forward to it!

No comments: