Thursday 23 April 2020

Turning things right.

I spent a great deal of time today carding fleece.  It was the work of the morning.  It was the work of early afternoon.  I almost have the first of the bags from this locally produced Border Leicester cross fleece carded and ready to spin.  Carding is faster than my tiny combs could give me, that is for sure, but it remains a very great deal of work.

I sat down and did a swatch today with some laceweight linen.  Well half way did it.  I really want to make the Shakerag Top from Mason-Dixon's Transparency Field Guide.  This is the same top that I swatched with the yellow Patons Hempster.  I am hoping that this  Fibra Natura Flax Lace


works for both the double stranded rows and the single strand areas.   From my early swatching, this will work, though I can't be sure about gaugetill I wash it and dry it a few times.  One way or another, this top with its interesting stripes, will be mine.

And then I sat down in the evening and knit a bit on this.

 
I knit so much that it became a finished thing!  This came as a bit of a surprise to me, but I guess that is the way of things when you are knitting from the bottom edging lace to the neck back.  I really enjoyed knitting it and before you know it, there will be another lace something on the needles just for evenings.

And then, as usual, I had a little bit of a letdown.  I sat down to read and get caught up in some of my online friends daily adventures.  There were great epic adventures and some whose days did not go so well.  It would be so easy to slip to that place where you could start the slippery slope to despair.  I would carry their sorrows for a moment if I could.  Ah well.  

My action this evening is to focus on something that will make tomorrow shine.  And I think I may have it, just a little something that I stumbled on, on the way to something else, something that makes me laugh. and gives me comfort in the silliest way.   

I spent the last couple hours feeling just a little bit of sorrow and sadness, but things have turned right, and I can look forward to getting out the yarn.  Life really is pretty good.  I only wish that everyone could see the small things that make it so.

No comments: