Wednesday 5 February 2020

Stash Diving Made Me Do It.

As I was digging in the yarn yesterday trying to solve my too little yarn quandry, I suffered the usual and inevitable fate of digging in my stash.  

I was overcome by the need to knit it all, right now.  It is such a glorious stash.  It is large and there is something for almost everything I would ever need to knit in it.  It has a few holes, hence my occasional purchasing of yarn.  Had you been there during the growth stage of the stash, it would have looked like rampant purchasing, but honestly, it was all, every single metre of it, was carefully curated to be something I would love for the long haul.  And I do love it.  I am oddly emotionally connected to this yarn and I am loathe to let it go.  I have but it always takes work to do so.

By the time I was finished going through most of the boxes looking for what I wanted for the green top, I had accumulated an entire table full of pretty things that I wanted to knit immediately.  I put the vast majority of it away.  There is already too much out for long dreamed of knitting so I was stern with myself and put most of it away again but for  a few things that I could not resist winding.  

I have spoken of my love affair with Jahreszeiten Herbst.  Do click the link for I have not asked for permission to use her photo but it is stunning.  I have dreamed of this for a very long time.  It is all about the colour.  Yesterday, after stash diving and seeing a small store in southern Alberta put up a note on their page that in store Kauni is on sale for 30 percent off , I just had to wind this.  


I just could not resist these colours.


It took a long time and I still have 2 more balls to do.  I kept having to stop and just drink in the way these Kauni Effektgarn changes, how it draws you to look deeper than you imagined yarn could be.


It's a relatively simple pattern, a small repeated lozenge, but even as it is simple, it will be interesting.  The colours do all the changing and watching them becomes the whole reason for knitting, rich and mellow and warm.  I have chosen to do mine in the same colourway that the original is done in, but I have more yarn, and will make it longer.  By how much, I don't know, but it will be longer.  

I did pull out other yarn from the depths of my lovely stash.  Some linen to be wound and some rich rust coloured yarn for another summer top.  

For now though, it is time to knit. 



No comments: