Tuesday 4 February 2020

Putzing About

I've been putzing about the last few days, not really accomplishing anything big, but always busy doing something.

I did a little of this and a little of that.


I have 4 skeins of Sea Wool, or at least I think it is Sea Wool from Fleece Artist, 


Purchased long ago from River City Yarns.  I purchased them here and there and a few years ago, I decided I wanted to use them together.  I have always thought a little bit of an over blouse, a loosely knit something or other would be perfect.  I don't think I have enough yarn though. I am going to search my stash for another ball of something or... What you see above is me testing for gauge.  

I did this too.


I cast on another of Cat Bordhi's lovely Pure Garter Stitch Mitts from her ebook, Cat's Family of Fingerless Mitts.  The yarn is Uneek Worsted in  wonderfully rich colorway with greens and deep purple and rose's and golden brown that I picked up at Prairie Lily last time I was in Saskatoon.  I need another set of long bed mittens, so I have something to wear while my first much worn pair is washed.  I have short ones that I wear currently while the long ones are drying but the difference between how my hands feel wearing the long and the short is huge.  It's all rather amazing really.  YMMV but I wouldn't want to be without mine now.  

I also did a little knitting and counting on my yellow Cascadas Tee.  I wanted to see where I was on it and it appears that I'm ready to just knit.  That is really nice to know.  Just knit for length and I have a new spring top.

And lastly, my putting included pulling back the blue daisies top to the underarms so I could knit the lovely side panel of lace from Norah Gaughan's Gregale. I knit a few rows and started the set up rows for the panel.  I was going along just fine



And then I realized that the chart was written to be knit flat and sewn together, so I needed to be adapting it not just for top down, but for in the round in one piece.  It isn't hard to do.  But you do have to do the set up right.

So this morning I've been busy doing that.  I'm kind of looking forward to the lace.  It makes the long swath of otherwise plain stockinette so much more fun.  It makes it the whole project feel faster too, with something to look forward to every second round.

So busy busy today.  Tomorrow I can't wait for.  The blankie yarn should finally be here and I can pick it up at the post office.  I did not expect it to take so long.  I guess next time, I will pay more for the shipping.  

No comments: