Monday 10 February 2020

Sock Monkey Gozillionaire

Setting aside the recalcitrant top has freed me.  I knit a lot this weekend.  I had company but while they were out doing their big city shopping, I knit. 

I can very very happily say it is big enough and only the end section remains.



It's a lovely place to be at.  13 or 14 rows of cream and then some red an another batch of cream and it is done.  It is countable rows and that means

I have three quarters of a ball of charcoal remaining but there is a very good chance that I would make another of these.  I don't quite understand why, but this sock monkey blanket makes me happy, inordinately happy.  Giddy even.  I knew it would right from the start. 

There is that thing where the first moment you see something, you know you must do it or make it.  It never really leaves your head.  It hits something primeval and it gets right to the core of you.  It is exactly what happened with the Sock Monkey Cabin Blanket.  If we could bottle the why, we would all be gozillionaires.

Not that I would want to be a gozillionaire.  I am pretty content with what I have.  In many way, all the important ones, I already am a gozillionaire.  It is just that now I am a gozillionaire with a sock monkey blanket to her credit.

No comments: