Monday 16 December 2019

And Done

Well, mostly.  Frazzledknitter came out this morning and helped me tie and but for the edges and then or twelve spots to tie, it is done.  Bless her kindness and I hope her poor fingers recover soon.  All this tightly spun cotton thread can be a little hard on hands.  


There is an edge to sew and one to refine but it is good to go.  If I had company tonight, I would absolutely baste it up and put it on the bed.

I did all sorts of things this weekend. 

When I look at the tree this year, it strikes me the angel really us too large. I usually use a red and gold angel of the same size, but with it's dark colors, it never looked so giant.  Perhaps it is time to consider a new topper.  Or to go deep into the archives to find the pattern I once had for a hardanger angel.  I am pretty sure I know where all the parts are.  It would just mean some embroidery.  

So, I am half decorated.  I am half baked.  Which means that I have half my dough to fill with poppy seeds and other sweet goodness.  I also have the gifts about half ready.  They are here but need wrapping.

So right now I am going to have tea.  Later, I will put up the pencil tree and get all the decoration boxes put away . And then I will sit down and finish up this large and lovely warm blankie.   

Good to go.





No comments: