Thursday 24 October 2019

There is a project sitting in my sweater chest that I rarely take out and even more rarely, wear.  I adored knitting it.  It was stimulating and interesting and challenging and just good fun but it never made it to the things I like to wear. 


It started life as a sampler wrap made of z series of twisted stitch patterns, which I liked but found awkwardly large.  I then turned it into a shrug by slicing a wearing opening into the steeking stitches.  That left awkwardly large sleeves which I did sew narrower, but without slicing out the excess fabric, it wasn't comfortable.  I really hated the thought of slicing all that lovely work.  

The I saw this cardigan on Ravelry.  The Walnut Cardigan  I started thinking that this is where this piece needs to go.  I deserve to wear and use this lovely sampler.  

Turning it into a unshaped cardigan would resolve all the issues that I have had with this.  The wrap would stay where you put it without having excess you have to tuck to hold in place.  It turns the wrap into a short sleeve garment with an almost shawl collar.  In this house, and my always feeling a chill on the back of my neck, it looks like the best solution yet.  

So, one day soon, this is going to be worked on.  It is out of the sweater chest and into my daily vision.  I will have to do a stash dive to get out the remaining balls of this yarn, but that's okay.  It is the season to have a good go through of all the yarn, to pull out what inspires me now, and to put away all that LettLopi.

No comments: