Friday 2 August 2019

Obsession Two

Hmmmm, very interesting.  The Timber Cardigan might be very interesting.  Must think on it.

Obsession is a funny thing.  It can happen when no one is looking and for the least unexpected things.  I mean the healthy sort that drives and focuses not the bad kind that consumes a life.  And then again...

I had another little obsession for the last few weeks.  I stayed for Tuesday knitting at the library a couple weeks ago.  One of the ladies was working on a blanket.  Not just a plain blanket and yet very simple.  It was a called the Sock Monkey Cabin Blanket.

I saw it and fell in love with it.  I'm not really into ragg like yarns and yet for this kind of thing, with the strong contrast of the red and the crisp well defined white.  I fall all over myself wanting it.  Over the last weeks, I have been so close to ordering yarn for it but I wanted to see what the big box stores had for price.  Yesterday the kids and I did the shopping we needed to do and wouldn't you know it.  Yarn for just such a project as a Sock Monkey Cabin Blanket of my very own fell right into our cart. 


It is actually perfect knitting for with the kids here.  The yarn is an acrylic so is eminently washable and easy care.  It is double stranded so knitting should go fast or at least give the feeling of fast.  It is just  2 x 2 rib so no need for a pattern beyond the red and white border. It is large but in a grocery bag, will be easy to drag to playgrounds and spray water parks or even to the back deck while the kids chase a ball in the back yard. 

I am knitting this, not for me but for the landlord here.  He could use a big blanket in the fall.  I just needed to knit it to clear out this little obsession from my system.

No comments: