Thursday 1 August 2019

I have this yarn

So I have this yarn


It's a really great yarn in the prettiest colour ever.  It's from my trip last summer and I doubt that I will be going so far again.   I want the sweater to be special, that every time I wear it I will think of that oh so very pretty long drive and the marvelous time I hd at the Briggs & Little Store.  

I m having a terrible time choosing a sweater.  Terrible.  It almost keeps me up nights.  I have wandered through the searches for ganseys, through searches via what other people have made with the yarn, through searches from my favourites.  I just can't seem to settle on what to make with this special yarn and I don't want this quandary to drag on forever.  I want to wear this yarn in sweater form this winter.

For a long while, I thought of the Weekender, but I am not a big fan of the look of reverse stockinette, mostly because mine isn't always even and I would have to change the wide neckline to make it work.  I loved Gridlines and thought I had it till I realized it was designed for fingering weight yarn.  Same for Rusty Tuku. I love Rusty Tuku so much it may be worth the bother to do the math but I still wouldn't do the reverse stockinette.  I may have even decided on this one at one point but it is a measure of my uncertainty that I am still trying to sort it out. 

In a way, I wish that I could obsess over a different yarn for a while, because you see I have this yarn...





1 comment:

H said...

How about the Timber cardigan? I absolutely love the colour!