Friday 21 June 2019

Waylaid

I got up this morning with high hopes of finishing my sweater but it was not to be.  On my way out of my room, I was waylaid by some cheery yarn, a 3 pack of soap, and some good intentions.  

A while ago I made a soap cozy for in my shower.  I kept dropping the soap and found myself wishing for some soap on a rope.  I did think about felting wool on to the soap bar and stringing a wrist loop, but I couldn't get the thought of wasting all that soap till the fibre felted.   I don't really need it felted.  That can happen during use.  I just wanted something that I wasn't going to drop.

I made a quick and dirty cozy very early one morning.  That first one was really just to see I would like it and if it would solve my soap on the floor problem.  It did and I loved it.  

As good as it was, the first one did not last forever and I knew I could make a cozy way better than that first try.  


I wanted it to fit snugly around the soap.  There were frequent try ons.  Twenty minutes and things were looking great.



A quick three needle bind off, seating everything nicely inside it's little sweater and


and i cord knit just long enough to fit nicely around my wrist when it was wet and


in no time at all I had three nice little wool covered soap bars ready for use.  

The red, green and golden yellow yarns are leftovers from a cowl and the yellow with that touch of grey blue is the yellow and a small bit of some leftover Kauni from a scarf.  All the yarns will felt nicely and are exactly the right kind of silly for my morning ablutions.

Wool to bed, wool when I rise, wool all the time.  

A man is what he thinks about all day long.

I am wool.  Isn't that nice?

No comments: