Thursday 20 June 2019

Are we there yet?

I try not to whine.  That actually my be completely untrue, but I do try not to whine too much in public but if there is something I am pretty good at, it is probably whining.  Are we there yet?

I have to keep asking myself that while I knit this project. The rows are so incredibly long.  I am not sure I would stay sane if I didn't whine a little.  Of course, I don't listen to myself.  That would just be too depressing, and I would probably stop knitting it.  

And then suddenly, there is that magical moment where you look at the marker that marked your original length and


You realize that by gosh, you are there and you measure three times just to be sure and wouldn't you know it?  You are long enough.  All you have to do is the garter stitch hem.

Oh yeah.


And so it goes.  Another day and the second round trying to finish this top will be done.  

I am a little worried though.  The reason that I needed more length was the handkerchief hemline on the sides of the top, created by that fantastic increase line, stopped right at that most unfortunate part of my hips, the wide part.  It was a desperately unhappy ending for an otherwise very pretty top.  If it still isn't a happy result, there will be surgery.  I am just not ready to face more knitting to make it right.

Bring on tomorrow when I will know.  I just want to be there.

No comments: