Tuesday 4 June 2019

Finished ?

I managed to find time to finish my Not Daisies top yesterday.  


It wasn't a big effort at all.  It just needed the sleevelets to be finished.  

But though it is technically finished, I won't really know if it is finished finished until I wear it a bit.  I made it slightly longer than the pattern calls for, but it still seems plenty short to me.  If I don't feel comfortable in it, then it will be knit longer.  It turned out really nicely and while there are times, I wouldn't go back and do more major knitting, this one, I would.

Why major knitting?  There isn't any way not to with this design.


Here is the grand sweep of one side.  It gives the top it's distinctive draping and short rows at the back mean it isn't just the dropping sides of  handkerchief hem.  It also means that each round is a lot, a LOT of stitches.

I won't like it if it needs to be longer but I will do it.  It is just too pretty not to.


1 comment:

Christine said...

This is so beautiful. Can’t wait to see it on you!