Monday 15 April 2019

It's going to be a busy week.

What a great weekend for knitting.  There was lots of F1 coverage to watch  and my sweater is now at the place where it makes great race knitting.  I did a lot.  


Doesn't look like a lot of knitting, does it? Not for a  whole weekend.  It looks like an average amount of knitting until you know the secret of this top.  The secret of this top is what is going on at the underarm.


There are some pretty dramatic increases happening at the underarm, that give this top it's lovely shape and drape.  The pin is the front edge of the armscye and you can see the dramatic flare.  It does mean a lot of knitting.  I've already increased the side sections to the point where together, the stitch counts are the same as the front.  There is a long way to go till I stop the increases, many any inches, so there is a lot of knitting till this top is done. By the end, it will almost be like knitting two fronts and two backs on an average top. It is worth it, I think.  It does give this top a distinctive look and I do indeed love the drape that it gives the whole thing.  It is a good thing though,  that I really do like this yarn.

I do hope to get a good bit of knitting in today, but the other thing I am doing is working on getting things out for the town wide garage sale.  Last spring was so busy, I forgot half the things that I meant to put out.  This year, I am working on tossing all the closets and really, finally getting rid of things I have carried too long that are never going to be used by me. 

Which does mean that I will be going through all the yarn again. I did get rid of a good bunch of things last year, but the things that were set aside for the sale since the day I moved here, were never pulled out in the rush of last years preparations.  And there are things that I debated putting out last time, that will probably end up going too.  I've also been thinking of including the leftovers.  Because I bought for sweater quantities for a large size person, and because some of those yarns are being used for things other than sweaters, there are some pretty significant remainders.  It is taking up more room than I want to spend on it.

The other thing I am debating about is some of my sewing stash.  There are some fabrics that don't fit my life anymore.  I'm not sure what I would use them for now, so it may be time to put them out for adoption.

I am going to put out a couple books again.  I have some lovely books of afghan patterns to crochet, and I was quite surprised when they did not go last year. They are great books with really nice designs, but my head isn't there anymore.  And as much as it pains me to get rid of yet more books, if they don't sell this time, they are destined to go somewhere else .  I just don't need them.

If I add up the big and small things it makes a pretty good pile of stuff that I want to go.    I know I had to buy a 'table' (sale license fee five whole dollars) s I ought to do that today.  Though now that I think of it, I probably ought to check that we are having the town wide garage sale.  sheesh.  Talk about starting at the end of a process! 

 

No comments: