Wednesday 17 April 2019

A Refresh

There was  lovely thread on Ravelry the other day.  A lady asked what people thought about knitting a farm for a wide window ledge in her home.  She had a pattern book by a Sachiyo Ishii , Mini Knitted Farmyard  , she loved knitting little things, but wondered if she was possibly going just a bit off her rocker and that people would start to wonder about her.  She really wanted to do it, but just wasn't sure what people would think and needed some confirmation from other Ravelers.  She got it in spades.  

Thanks to this conversation, I have an entire new line of books to think about.

I have had these books for a long time 

 

   
and have firm plans in place to use them with my miniature adventures.  But I also have Knit the Christmas Story and have spoken of my desire to have a copy of Jean Greenhowe's knitted dinosaur book and an abiding love for Frankie Brown's woodland and seasons wreaths.  I love little things.  

So when I say I have fallen for Sachiyo Ishii's work, that would be understating the case.  For not only does she have a book on a farmyard, she has  book of a Mini Knitted Ocean, and  Mini Knitted Woodland, she has a Mini Knitted Cosmos.  Who wouldn't want to knit a Mini Knitted Cosmos?  

These are adorable little things and what the heck, I want them.  And I want to knit them.  I wonder if a miniature house could have a mini knitted fish tank?  I do have some teeny tiny knitting needles...

It was so lovely to think about knitting things as sweetly silly as these.  It is so easy to get bogged down in gift knitting and ought to knits and just the usual things you like to knit.  It shouldn't but it happens so it is always delightful when something pops up that is just silly happy joyful knitting.  Knitting should bring joy and should illuminate the dark part of your soul.  It usually does, but a refresh of a different sort always makes me happy.

Today I am off spinning.  Haven't done that in a while so that too is a kind of refresh.  And I'm stopping at the fabric store.  The whole day is a kind of refresh.




No comments: