Tuesday 12 March 2019

I never quite made the stash dive yesterday.  I sort of got carried away with socks.

I finished this pair of socks earlier this year but they were as short as a sock can be fore my foot and absolutely needed to have a heel.  It was  nice sock and I felt I had not done my duty by it as it's knitter.



Yesterday, I made the time to knit the pair longer.  I added about 2 inches to each sock.  And then I wanted to do a heel. 

I am really enjoying the pairs of socks that have been made with a garter stitch short row heel.  They seem to wear just that little bit better so that is what I decided to put into this pair.  Sock one is right at the part where I have to graft the heel to the back of the sock leg.  that will happen after lunch and sock two wil progress shortly after that.

Today is appointment day for me.  I will be running here and there getting my stuff done till early afternoon.  What I am particularly excited about is that I made an appointment to get my hair cut. It's a banner day.

I am off and running.  Want to bet that the stash dive will happen this afternoon?  Probably. I will be trying to avoid that graft on the sock heel!

No comments: