Monday 11 March 2019

Finished Things

I was so happy to be home Friday evening.  It was the toughest day I have had with the kids.  There were a lot of tender feelings and even grandmother cried.  But we made it through, we love one another, and you know what?  At the end of the day that is what family is. Family are the people who love you even at your worst.  I put myself straight to bed on getting home because that really was what we all needed and what was best for us.

Saturday morning dawned bright.  There was coffee.  There was time. There was TV of my own choosing.  I took time to catch up on my video podcasts and to sit and knit.  I had the urge to finish something.  So I did. 

An almost Wurm hat, almost because when I started this hat, the plan was just to keep doing the stripes like the wristwarmers.  That got pretty boring even with a colour progression that I really enjoyed.  I kept the colour sequence  and followed the Wurm Hat pattern to finish off.



I really like how that turned out.  Wurm's interesting design worked really well with the three colours I used and  the progression remains!   


The top decrease section went back to the two row stripes.  I thought that would look better than using just one colour even though it was a bit fussier from and 'ends to weave in' standpoint.

The rest of the weekend was devoted to socks because it was the final weekend of the brier and I did not want to think about what else I might want to knit on.  I just grabbed and knit.

I managed to finish the first yellow sock on Friday and through Saturday and Sunday, completed sock two.  So voila.  Another pair of socks for my drawer.


This pattern is most hypnotic and each section of lace was completed in the blink of an eye, or so it seemed.  It just moved so fast. I really enjoyed making Spring Forward, over and above the curling.  I have got to do more knitting with this pattern.

Today is laundry day, catch up with chores day, clean floors day.  You know.  All those things you cannot do when you are out of your own home for twelve hours a day and come home very tired.  Even on a good day, children really are meant for young people.   Lest you think this isn't going to be a fun day, I also have a little bit of a stash dive in mind.  It's time to dig out some summer top yarns!

No comments: