Friday 15 February 2019

Odd days

Odd days continue.  yesterday felt unusual and it just kept feeling that day.  I did a bit of knitting but none at all on what I thought I would be knitting on.  Nope.  I was knitting on socks.

 It was weird but in a good way.

I started doing a tidy in my room and catching up with laundry nd sweater washing.  Once I had that underway, I just kept digging and unearthed things that were begun last fall but that were set down and not moved again when the babysitting thing came up.  



My warm long sleeved shirts.  Sigh.  I really could have used these this winter.  Washed, ready for pressing and then to cut out the shirts and sew.  The fabric was in a messy pile in  bin since it was washed.  Under that fabric, I found

   
My bag, waiting for the lining to be sewn.  Not too far away, I found the lining fabric ready and waiting.

And then, the most intriguing find of all.


A nicely in progress pair of Vanilla is the New Black socks.  I had completely forgotten about these.  I did a fair bit of knitting on these through the day because I really can't wait to see how this heel fits me.  It feels weird that after a week where I was a bit sick of socks, that I had such a very entertaining time knitting a simple sock.  I guess even when I am tired of socks, I should never count them out.

So these things are now ready to proceed and I still have no time to proceed.  It is going to take all my time and effort to get the house back into shape and to get all the laundry pile done.  If I do anything else, it is going to be to attack the even older stuff sitting by my sewing machine and if the truth be known, that is the goal for this weekend, not so much the knitting.

I have super hero girl panties to make. I have a dress to repair for Cassie. they have been waiting much too long.  


  

No comments: