Wednesday 12 December 2018

Trees, trees


A Christmas tree post today.  My knitting is boring and I'm pretty tired mentally, when I get home.  I don't seem to have the energy to get around to posting.  What I really need is a good dig in my stash to enliven my brain.

My bigger tree.  Its really not that big.  If pushed, even I with my 5 feet nothingness can still put the topper on.  It looks naked to me.  I didn't get the icicles on yet and they make such a difference, turning a well lit tree into a cascading wonder of twinkling lights.  Like lights, more icicles is better.


And my pretty little pencil tree.  This is the first time this has been up in a few years.  It's in a bit of a nook just at the entrance to the public space I share with the roomie, aka, the landlord, aka, son 2 or Keith. He says I am pushing it, putting it here.  Scrooge.  Burt I like it.

My favourite way to look at the trees is in the dark.  Both trees currently only have clear lights, but The red and white tree really needs some red lights and the big tree needs some gold lights, or blue lights, or maybe green lights.





But at night with all the house lights out is my favourite way of tree watching.  I put my tv to the fireplace channel and sit and just look at trees and listen to the crackle of it before I go to bed.  Some evenings it is capped off with a small glass of port or sherry just to seal that this is indeed a special time of year.


Those long lights sparkling across the floor remind me of my very young childhood and Christmas long past.  Christmas of doll houses and barns and furniture and tiny plastic bales of hay.  And how what regular people called chocolate macaroons became cow pies in my family.  


No comments: