Thursday 29 November 2018

Because

I've been spending a lot of time with small children and I get a lot of answers of 'because' to my not so serious grandma silly questions.  That is kind of how this one came about.

Because I have a purple striped cow ready and waiting for a graft before it is given as a gift, and because I need only one more cowl to make this a wonderful air of presents to give to my daughter in laws, 

I started yet another small project.  

 I bought the yarn five years ago at Interweave's Knitlab in San Francisco. Both the green gradient and the gorgeous golden brown are from Pigeonroof Studios  I bought them with an eye to make these exact eternity scarves and it is kind of shameful that I am only now getting to it.  Still one is ready to go but for grafting and that is a huge plus in my books for gifting this year.  The knitting doesn't take long and it is perfect for knitting with busy kids coming and going.  I expect this second one to be close to complete before the week is out.   

I've been hesitant about knitting these colours together.  It just didn't feel like it would work, but they do.  The brown has the loveliest sheen of gold through it.  It doesn't photograph at all well but in real life it is pretty darn stunning.  I am very pleased.  

As to being hesitant about the colours, silly me.  I'm not sorry because I have them to gift this year so it is a win for me.

The pattern I am basing this one on is the same as for the purple cowl/scarf, from the Striped Cowl by Matilde Skår.  I am using 3.5 mm needles so I cast on 20 fewer stitches than the pattern, but it looks great.  Good dimensions and the fabric is just fine. 


No comments: