Monday 22 October 2018

Productive in a Different Way.

It is just one day for all my weekend reporting this time.  I had company again this weekend, though they did not come till after dinner Saturday and they left Sunday morning, it gave me an excuse to tidy up my house a bit.  And, weirdly enough, my laundry is all caught up.  Last load to old is in the dryer.  So...here I sit with a tidy house, no laundry and nothing serious to do.  

On Sunday I did a little of this and a little of that.

I worked on Carter's hat. I need about 4 more inches of hat before I can decrease for the crown.  That will give him a nice fold back brim and double the warmth at his ears.


I worked on a new plain sock.  This is a yarn and some needles I picked up on a quick stop to River City last week. The debate is still out if I really like the needles.  They are better than 8 inch dpns and they beat magic loop all to heck, but I am just not sure if I like them so well as dpns.

I took my Vanilla is the New Sock Reversed sock to the point where I have to read the pattern.


We shall see how that whole 'read the pattern' thing goes.

I worked on plarn.  


I don't use bags for groceries anymore, but we still get a few coming in.  I am plarning it up by making loops of it and stringing it together to make stuff like mats.  I feel a bit like I have become my grandmother and matron aunts here by doing so, but I hate to see it just go to the dump.  Plarning always makes me sad because I am reminded of the yogurt I love and how I have cut back my consumption of it to only rarely because it comes in tubs of class 5 plastic, which is not locally recyclable. 

And then, in much cheerier things, I transplanted my Bizzy Lizzie and some seedling pansies. 


I have some fabric to cut to start a Christmas project, but with an otherwise open morning, I think I am going to do the footman repair on my S51 wheel and see if I cannot get some plying done.  I  sat down and sorted through my spinning stuff last week.  I have a box for completed yarn and a box for things that are ready for plying.  The plying box is overfull.  Besides, I want to ply the single that I spun in the grease at WWSIP day.  I can't wait to see what happens when it is plyed and finished.  

It was a different weekend than last weeks very productive one and productive but in a different way.  


No comments: