Friday 26 October 2018

Paw Patrol two or is it three?

Last week, when I went out to an Oktoberfest dinner, I took the opportunity to stp on the west side at River City Yarns and as usual,found exactly the right thing.

The blue yarns that I dyed for Marcus' Paw Patrol Chase sweater were not quite as close as I wanted in color.  You could see striping where there were  two rows of colour in the yoke.  Once I had joined the yoke fronts it wasn't so bad.  I could change on each row and it seemed to be working okay, but it made the knitting go very slowly.  I really wanted to finish the sweater in these pretty hand dyed skeins and colours, but it was taking forever and I wasn't having fun.

I voted for worsted yarn if I could find a superwash blue and yellow, when I stopped.  And I did.

This is Berocco Ultra Wool.  The right blue and a nice yellow in stock in exactly the right amounts.  What a relief. 



Once I got the set up rows complete, the thing just zoomed along.  I took a break to chart out the little badge that the pups wear, but I didn't like the way it was knitting up in the sweater, so I took it out and decided to follow my first option.  I am going to knit the badge on a small pocket.  I can play around with the way I will make the badge a bit, without setting progress of the whole sweater back.  Once I have a badge and pocket I like, I will mount it center front at proper badge height.  Marcus can keep his glass cleaning cloth in the pocket and grandma might even get him a new one to take to school.  

All my little boys are in school but for Emmett.  They are growing like weeds.  

No comments: