Monday 29 October 2018

Of Sweet Dreams, Amulets and a Blue Sweater.

By Friday evening, I was doing the ribbing on the Chase sweater. And Saturday, I took it out and knit a much longer body.

A certain someone


and his sister

 
came for a sleepover.  I held the sweater up to Marcus and while it would have fit right now, it wouldn't have made it to Christmas.  His mom told me he is eating big right now, so I expect extra sleeping and then jumps in growth will follow shortly as is the way of children.    

My house is a minor but friendly disaster.  Lego bricks are everywhere, there are toys drying in the bathtub and crayons, markers and colouring books have taken command of the living room floor.  But the sweater will fit Marcus for a good long while to come.  



Sleeve one is just begun.

My work today is going to involve a call to the yarn store to see if they have another skein of blue.  The added inches on the body have taken me right out of my safety zone for yarn consumption and I think I am going to need another half a skein of yarn.  I will know for certain by lunchtime and the end of sleeve one.

I was also informed that the badge needs to go on the side of the chest, not the center and that my plan for the badge was good. He likes the idea of a pocket for his stuff.  I am glad that he came while this was under construction.  From the start, this sweater has been really important to him and I am glad he can tell me exactly what he wants.

Marcus is growing up.  Do you know how I know?  He has never been a real lover of water.  He would play on the beach but he was not a big fan of lake, river, or bathtub.  He liked the spray park but not the spray.  The last time the kids came to the spray park here, he was running through the spray and this time, when it was bath time, he tried the bubbles in uncle's tub and as he told his dad, he wasn't scared and he poured water on his head too.    

Marcus and Cassie have had sleepovers here a few times now.  The first two times were very hard for them and for grandma.  First one and then the other couldn't get to sleep and they would wake with dreams in the night.  The last couple have been much better.  Marcus dreamed of Paw Patrol mountain rescue toys and Cassie dreamed of amulets to keep the bad things away, just like the story from Faerie Knitting. (Grandma has amulets to knit today) The first little footsteps  I heard were at 7 a.m.  We all had good sleeps.   

Because of  good sleeps and sweet dreams and, well, coffee, I am up and about today and feeling ready for whatever the day tosses my way.  Sleeves and amulets, here I come.  

No comments: