Friday 5 October 2018

Grandma Had A Good Day

Well, that was a day that went really well.  To the point that I will even have time to make a better sweater for the dolly.

But mostly today, I have two sweaters to finish.  The purple sweater is almost complete.  I just have 3 rows of knitting on the inside trim piece that will cover all the ends and the zipper edge, and finishing to do.  Then I would really like to finish up her other little sweater as well, the one I thought would be purple, but turned out to be more blue.  It too, just needs the zipper put in and then ends woven in before being ready.  I think.  It has been a while.




These two finishing tasks are going to take up the most of my day.

Then there is a dolly skirt.  The dolly skirt is a circle of fabric with a satin waistband, with a layer of blue organza over the white satin.  Everything is finished but for the hems.  I am not sure why, but my sewing machine really isn't liking either of these fabrics.  It tries to eat them down to the feed dog.  Rather than damaging them, I am going to tuck on a little rolled hems by hand.  Diana Prince now has a blouse, a pair of pants, one sweater, a ball gown and will shortly have a fabulous, over the top skirt.  If I get time, I will knit another little vest too, though I can do that later.  She will not go forth naked from this house.

And that blue yarn I dyed?  

Seriously fine.  



Ready to cake and knit.  Grandma had a good day.

No comments: