Thursday 18 January 2018

Pentoeminoes

I am waiting for a photo to arrive of the wristers.  I gave them to Keith immediately after I sewed in the ends and then realized later, that I had forgotten photos.  He promised he will take some and send them but... Oh well.

In my search for yarns for wristers, I dug out the ends and bits bin.  There was some Noro Kureyon ends in there that I thought might work (and yes, it did)  but as I knit the mostly black and brown Noro, I kept looking at the bins filled with the bags of sock yarns ends.  It always seems that no matter how many monster socks I knit, there are more ends to be used.  I'm not really in a Monster sock mood right now.  Or am I?

I was cruising the interweb last night and came across a picture of some very interesting socks  on Pinterest.  I followed that picture all the way to the socks origin on Ravelry.  Make sure you click this link to Pentoeminoes   because the sock is simply fascinating.  The project socks are fascinating!

It features intarsia in the round.  I have read a lot about this, and practised a little bit of this, but I haven't done a project that would cement the technique in my head.  It immediately was a want.   I pondered it only for minutes before purchasing the pattern.  I never do that.  I only purchase patterns as I start making them.  But I had to have this one.

I thought about colours in my big stash of sock yarn .  There is a broad range of colours in that very large bin but a picture of bits and ends came into my head.

  
This might be a great project to use of bits and ends.  This is just a small amount of the bits and ends I have.  There is plenty for at least a couple pairs of these if it is an interesting and fun knit.

I was looking at the this riot of colours all day and then saw the Pentoeminoes sock? 

 It is meant to be.




No comments: