Wednesday 24 January 2018

Oops

When I was taking pictures to do up yesterday's post, I discovered a problem.  

The red arrow points to the button hole.






The green arrow points to the part of the placket where the button would be attached.  It is attached beautifully, if I may say so, but it is wrong. 

I would drop down to fix this in a heartbeat but for one small thing.  I was knitting a faux placket because the hope, the plan is that this will look like a cardigan without actually being a cardigan.  I am continuing to knit the placket stitches in garter stitch.  I do fine dropping stitches, making the fix, and knitting it all back up when it is stockinette.  I do less well when it is garter stitch.  It is just fussier.

I am probably going to give it a go this morning and if that doesn't work, there is a good chance that my faux cardigan will be gone and it will just be an ordinary sweater.

This is no bad thing, just a bit of a small disappointing thing.  It is well worth the attempt to see if I can salvage the original plan.  Wish me luck.     



1 comment:

Christine said...

I agree, picking garter stitch back up after dropping stitches has to be one of the worst tasks in knitdom. Good luck, if you haven’t finished it already!