Tuesday 23 January 2018

After the fun

Lest you think that was all I knit on last weekend.  It was for Saturday, but Sunday was a whole other kettle of fish. 

Once the little Matchmaker cowl was completed, my hands were happy and needed to knit more.  So I picked up my peaceful long sleeved variation on a Shalom  


and took it down below the armscyes.  It's about an inch below that now and is going along just great.   

It got to later in the day and it was getting darker and my eyes were a bit more tired, It just got harder to see, so I thought to start on another new project.  


This is the very, very beginning of  a shawl by Laura Aylor, the First Point of Libra.  I am using my Christmas present to myself from Christmas in 2016, a Sweet Georgia Party of Five gradient kit.  When I first got this kitlet, I planned on using stash yarn for the main colour, but I decided to go with something new and fine enough to be a better match for this beautifully dyed yarn, than a plebeian sock yarn.  I am using 2 skeins of River City Yarns Hat Trick Semi Solids.   Two, but only so I don't run out of yarn. (Sense a running theme in my life? hahaha) It also gives me the flexibility to make the shawl a smidgeon larger if I so desire or I might make ties to tie it around my back.

Sensible people would end the knitting day after working on and making good progress on 3 big things in one day, but my hands were antsy.  I was watching a video on my computer and right along with antsy, my mind started those rumbling along sort of thoughts that do not lead to a good nights sleep.  After a couple nights of rumbled sleep, I had promised myself that I would keep busy all evening. My Julia wheel wasn't quite ready to work on (needs tweaking) and the Vic is in my car so I grabbed what was readily available, knitting.  

I ended my evening with a case of dishpan hands.  ;)


This one was complete a week or so ago, but it needs ends woven in.  With no needle to hand, I picked up and did this. 

Just cottons from the bin of leftover cottons.  The yarn on this is from a cotton sweater I made years ago out of Carezza cotton.   By the end of the year, with a little work, this bin of frumpy left over cottons will be completely gone.  And if I am careful,  that bin won't happen again.  I hope to become a skilled weaver so far as dishcloths are concerned.  

I would have knit more.  I wasn't really ready for bed yet, though I can always fall asleep if I lie down but I just wasn't really feeling like it yet.   It came to a point that my poor hands gave out and I had to stop knitting.  I did debate playing in the yarn stash, but that is a better thing for mornings than 8:30 in the evening.  And so to bed it was. Sunday was done.

It was a long and very knitterly sort of day.  The kind of  full, fun, knitterly day I haven't had in quite a while.  A whole day, just to knit.  How grand is that?

No comments: