Thursday 4 January 2018

On the Road Again

So today I'm hanging with my boys in Devon and I suspect we will get up to some hijinks before day is done.  But I wanted to show you what I have been working on since yesterday.


I have had this yarn since forever.  I meant to make Brian socks.  The rich combination of blues and greens was a combination I loved on him.  He had this plaid shirt in exactly these colors.   He looked so very good in them.  They weren't his favorite colors though.  He preferred softer tones more natural combinations.  The vest I made him was exactly perfect.  I meant to keep this yarn for myself but I think it will be perfect for my brother.

So far it's looking very plain but I plan to start a bit of something fancier along the gusset.  Probably a nice little cable such as Stephanie Pearl McPee' so Earl Grey Socks.  At least I think they were called Earl Grey.

This granny has stuff to do so I will sign off with me wondering just what size shoe big brother wears.

No comments: