Tuesday 26 September 2017

Wobbly at the start

It was a little wobbly at the start, but I think I have it now. I had to reknit it a couple times and then I ended recharting out exactly what I was doing versus just working  from the book.  I am really glad I did that, because there was good stuff to learn about the pattern by laying it out on graph paper on my own.


I wasn't a hundred percent sure about my choice till I had two points done but I am pretty happy with the way it looks right now.  The garter stitch for the inner point was the right choice.  It gives the border that more grounded look the rest of the shawl has.

However, I am still not 100% sure that I have it all right.  The last 3 stitches on the edging are a variation on what is in the pattern.  The points work very nicely but the valleys might be less so.  I'm going to knit another two sections and then I think I will block it out, to see if it works out as I hope it does.

On the very very upside, this is the shawl just laying on the sofa this morning.  Isn't that just the best?


Wobbly at the start, but very encouraged!

No comments: