Monday 6 June 2016

Sleeves Completed

I love sleeves. I know, that seems odd, but I do. I love them when they are done. And that leaves me with one major section of the sweater to do, the hood. Doing the hood means it is time to take off the neckline ribbing that I started with.
It seems scary when you have to cut your knitting, but only the first time. People worry that the stitches will run, but unless you have really slippery yarn, or you are working particularly fast and loose,and sloppy, the stitches will generally sit pretty tidy. Even then, if you are worried, undo a few stitches and pick them up. Another trick I use is to pick up on slightly smaller needles and then switch them on to the working needles. I didn't get much knitting done this week, but the yard sure is looking nice! Well, except for the lawn. There is only so much time in a day.

No comments: