Tuesday 5 June 2012

Mildly distracted

I'm a little distracted this morning.  I have no idea why.  Perhaps it is that I had not more than three minutes of sleep last night.  Perhaps it is the fact that  I could really use a coffee, but I suspect it would taste wrong this morning.  

I don't know, but I am distracted.  Disorganized, fuzzy headed, buzzy but not in a good way, exhausted and distracted.

It is knitting day here.  I miss the long afternoons where I could sit and chat and idle away an afternoon knitting in good company.  I do go now but just for one precious hour.  It kills me to come back to work at 1.  It just plain kills me.  

On the upside there is knitting tomorrow evening as usual (at the library this week correct? - I have gone to the alternate week place and wondered why no one was there) and they are just getting another day time knitting group up and running.

Way back when we were all first meeting on Ravelry and then off Ravelry, we statrted a group on the north side.  That group spawned several other groups including my regular Tuesday group and my Wednesday group. That group of northside knitters has grown and grown.  It is a wonderful group but it is so successful that it is almost too large.  So a few of the usual suspects, by that I mean ladies who live east and a few who live south have decided with the price of gas going up and the city getting so cotton picking busy, they would rather stick closer to home.  

So the northside group is spawning again.  There will be a Friday group at the usual location starting about noon and going till whenever you go home!  I will show up for my one hour lunch.  I am so pleased.  Beats sitting in the car and knitting.  

So even though I am feeling distracted and a little fuzzy around the edges, I have something happy to contemplate, somewhere pleasing to go, something to focus on.  So that is what I am going to do this morning.  

I am going to practice focusing on the really fun stuff in my day and am going to pull it together enough to knit on my pretty pink sweater.  Lots of stockinette and an easy lacy.   

1 comment:

Sandra said...

its funny - as much as knitting can be such a solitary endeavour, we do like gathering in groups, don't we?
I have a monthly Tuesday Guild meeting and a weekly Wednesday (that right now conflicts with the boy's baseball games), and I thoroughly enjoy both. I also like knitting by myself with the TV or the family for company.