Tuesday 7 February 2012

Picking up some older stuff

After finishing the big tie shawl, (Noon on Sunday) I knew I was going to have to knit something quick.  My fingers itched to knit.

I looked at new books, and pulled outsome lace but nothing struck me with a ' you must cast on this ___ now.' urgency.

I sat looking at the basket of WIPs on the shelf, the one with the green basket stuffed in it.  The first thing that crossed my mind is a project of shame.

It isn't because of what it is, or how long it has been a WIP.  I feel just a bit of shame, because I had no pictures of it at all till I was about 5 minutes from finishing it.  This hasn't happened since I started knitting.  I take usually take photos compulsively.  Pictures. More pictures.  Pictures of almost every row!

But not with this one.I started it the last time I had a good long visit with my mom and dad.  Good visiting knitting.  Lots of plain knitting.  

I think I had 1/4 of the outer edging to work on yet here. 

Now I don't have to be ashamed.  It can hold its head up among all the other projects now.

Blocked and ready for show!

Yes I know.  These days a weekend with 2 finished projects is almost unthinkable.  

After was finished, I sat there looking at that darn basket again...

More tomorrow.

PS.  Thank you for the nice comments on my wrap.  I love it too.  It is so nice when a plan works out!

2 comments:

Sigrun said...

I love the post-blocking stage!! Crawling on my knees and stretching my old muscles may be a health bonus, but that doesn't mean I like doing it.

Sandra said...

this is pretty! pattern?