Tuesday 14 February 2012

Close but no cigar.

A sweater on the weekend?  Not quite, but I did fairly well.

Another few inches.  Shalom, in Rust Cascade Eco Plus.  

I understand why this pattern is so very popular with knitters.  The top part is rhythmic to knit.  Its purls and knits through the back loops are simple but make such a crisp lines that it is hard not to fall for this sweater over and over again.

I can also understand why, even knitters who don't feel comfortable winging it are winging it.  The basic instructions are so sound, so simple.  It doesn't take a genius to figure out how much more you need to make it fit you.  

Had I stayed home the whole weekend, I would have done it but I visited with friends. I drove to Lacombe.  I took my daughter in law to dinner.  Life is full.  

And very very good.


1 comment:

Brendaknits said...

Close enough for the non smokers! Looks great.