Wednesday 15 February 2012

Again with the Shalom

Yes there is still dedicated knitting on Shalomy.  I know!  I'm schocked.  It's been 5 days and just one project has been worked on. What is my world coming to?  I would worry but I have seen my WIP basket.  

I am close to complete...I think. On my Shalom, that is.  I have to put it onto a longer needles to try it on again and make sure that it fits nicely around my hips.  I want to know that it is long enough (to short and I feel uncomfortable) to cover when I sit down as well.  If I was tired of it, this is where I would have to be diligent about keeping knitting it, but I am not at all tired or bored with it.  It has moved along too well for that. 

I haven't really talked about the yarn yet.  It is Cascade Eco Plus.  It is a good thing I have more in my stash because  I love this stuff.  It is a more processed looking yarn than the Briggs and Little, Lopi and the other earthy homespun yarns I like, but it doesn't have nearly the firm spun qualities of Cascade 220.  It is loftier and softer and knits to a slightly larger gauge. The very very large skeins (437 m) means almost no ends to work in and even then, felted joins work beautifully.  I think I love everything about it.

You might hope to come here and read the truth about the yarns that I use and the I knit.  I might be able to be reasonably balanced about the patterns I knit and the books I read, but I don't think it is possible for me to be anything other than pleased with the yarn I am working with.  

Yes, this is the blog where I never met a yarn I didn't like. I have the stash to prove it.

1 comment:

Brendaknits said...

Hmm. sschor I have met an occassional yarn that I didn't like but - not many.